Friday 9 November 2012

Why Arsenal should not miss out on Huntelaar for a 3rd time


I usually refrain from writing about Arsenal, as I am no great expert but just a fan. So I would like to state that this is purely my opinion of the transfer dealings, in particular why we should not let Huntelaar out of our grasp for a third time. 

It is clear to me that he will be leaving Schalke 04 either in January or for a free transfer in the summer. He is a player that Arsenal desperately need, this is to fill the void of RVP his fellow Dutchman. It will also take the pressure off Giroud who will be good but is still adapting to the premiership. So for me its a no brainier, also the fact that if we don't get him, he will most likely end up at either Spurs or Liverpool directly strengthening our rivals.

Give him a chance and he is likely to score, here is his record since 2006:

Year
Club
Appearances
Goals
2004-2006
Heerenveen
46
33
2006-2009
Ajax
92
76
2009
Real Madrid
20
8
2009-2010
Milan
25
7
2010-current
Schalke 04
62
40
(Total)

(245)
(164)


This is exactly the reason why we should buy him, I think if it had not been  for the failed experiment of Jeffers we may have tried harder for him when he left Ajax, Madrid or Milan. This time the risk is much lower as his price will be a lot less.

I also think it was a mistake not making more of an effort for Affelay in the summer, this may have been down to not being able to sell Arshavin. It is quite a possibility that we will lose two wingers in the summer, both Arshavin and Walcott. So I think one maybe two proper wingers should come in. I actually like how Sir Alex Ferguson always stock piles wingers, and switches  them around in games. There are a few names which I would suggest, but all these will be very expensive. These being: Wilfred Zaha, Tom Ince or Hatem Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa again is a player who is constantly linked with Arsenal, but he would now cost a lot of money. I would spend the money on two of these, probably Zaha and Ince but it is unlikely we would get both of them, as it would be in the region of £30 mil for the two of them, more likely we will go abroad. 

The fourth signing I would suggest is Yang M'Biwa, he is a young defender who can play anywhere along the back line and is already captain of Montpellier. His contract also expires at the end of the season, for me we should make the pre-contract as soon as it turns 1st January. He could then be integrated into the squad for next season.

In my opinion the club made progress in the last transfer window, but need to add to these. The only way to do this is by getting rid of the deadwood: Chamakh, Djourou, Arshavin, Denilson, Bendtner and Santos. Slowly the club are pushing these out.

I just hope Arsenal are not stingy when buying or selling these players as a few pennies could cost us the player, possibly resulting in the loss of our champions league status. The pennies have cost us with players in the past the latest being Walcott, lets hope we don't have to put up with this much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment